Monday, February 9, 2009

I don't quite know just what to say........

Surreal and frightening are the only words that i can think of to describe the past couple of days.


And there are simply no words to express my grief and sorrow that I feel as I hear of the terrible loss of life as a result of these fires.Thank God that we are all safe.

And to Marie and Brian , 'thankyou' just does not seem enough to say to express my gratitude for all that you have done to help us.

On Saturday, Brian came over and helped me to try to prepare to deal with any spot fires that may occur....Clive and Charlotte were not here as they had gone down to our caravan at Eagle Point on Friday .We never would have thought that we would be in danger of a bushfire where we live....we don't live in a bushy area .

There were a couple of small fires near us , the closest being aproximately 300-500 meters away in a paddock behind my friend Danielle's property......way too close for comfort.That fire came within just a few meters of a house....very lucky indeed.

Within half an hour of this , we left our home ,we had been told that we were to be evacuated.

Sarah , myself , our 2 dogs , 1 cat and bunny rabbit went to Brian and Marie's home where we stayed for the night before returning home the following morning.

To Marie and Brian , thanks once again for all that you have done. And not to forget Leesa who came over to Marie's on Saturday night and helped me by just being there....thankyou Leesa , it means so much.

Enough said.

No comments: